Thu, Mar 28 | Refuge Church
Are you ready to make a difference? An event about ministering to suicidal desperation.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Mar 28, 2019, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Refuge Church, 5700 AL-53, Harvest, AL 35749, USA
About the Event
This event is to bring to the forefront a conversation about suicide. Suicide is in our community and we have got to talk about it. Let's talk about:
- Repsonding to persons impacted by suididal desperation including family and friends.
- Developing soul-safe communities to decrease the risk of suicide.
- Changing the culture around suicide.
- Addressing how we think and talk about suicide.
- Two hour CEU also available for LPC/LMFT/LICSW. Come join us as presenter Olivia Pierce, LPC helps you confront this prevalent difficult topic. Olivia is a Licensed Professinal Counselor and has worked with adolescents, adults, and couples for over 13 years. She was raised in the Army and later married into the Air Force. She has worked in settings that have equipped her to address and empathize with the complex issues surrounding grief, anxiety, depression, PTSD, self-injury, and other work/life issues. Olivia has found no one is immune from sadness, fear, anger, or comtempt, yet when viewed as signals, emotions can propel us into doing somethiing different. She views herself as a research assistant, encouraging clients to experiment with their worlds, do one thing differently, and notice when they are experiencing their best hopes.
- Olivia is a trained and certified Soul Shop presenter. She is also certified and trained to present: Bringing Baby Home (Certified Gottman Facilitator); The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People; and the Prevention & Relationshp Enhancement Program (PREP).
- Soul Shop$35$350$0